So you’ve decided that an American style fridge freezer is right for you – great! Now you need to decide whether or not you want it to be plumbed in. American fridge freezers can be organised into two types: non plumbed American fridge freezers, like a standard fridge freezer, and American fridge freezers with water and ice dispenser that need to be plumbed in.
Does an American Fridge Freezer Need to Be Plumbed In?
No, is the short answer. Some of the more advanced features that may have swayed your decision to go for an American fridge freezer do, however, rely on being plumbed in to your water supply. So if you’re looking forward to unlimited ice and chilled water on tap, plumbing in may be the way to go. Ice and water dispensers are, of course, still available on non-plumbed models, but you’ll need to refill manually. It depends on how often you’re thinking of using this feature.
Why Choose a Plumbed American Fridge Freezer?
If you’ve decided that an all-singing, all-dancing American fridge freezer is the right choice for you and you want to access all its fantastic features, then you’ll certainly need an American fridge freezer with water and ice dispensers.
- Imagine the convenience of a non-stop supply of ice at your next party.
- Imagine the ease of unlimited chilled water when your kids and their friends are round during the summer holidays and always seem to want more squash to drink.
- Imagine when all the family descend for that summer barbecue – you don’t want to be for ever topping up the water chiller.
In short, if you run the kind of house that’s always full and where you always seem to need food and drink for someone who’s popped in, then you’ll want to go for the plumbed in variety of American fridge freezer.
American-Style Fridge Freezers are becoming the household standard. Invest in a top-quality model today and save money with Appliance City!
American Fridge Freezer Plumbing Advice
- Check with your seller if you can make arrangements for plumbing when you buy your American fridge freezer.
- Most manufacturers suggest that a plumbed American style fridge freezer should be no more than 1.5m from your water stop tap, so get that tape measure out before you make a final decision.
- Don’t forget that even with water refills becoming a thing of the past, you’ll still need to change the filter occasionally to ensure a continued clean supply of filtered water
Why Choose a Non-Plumbed American Fridge Freezer?
- You can still make the most of its enormous capacity if you like to keep your home stocked full of food.
- You can still choose a model with refillable chilled water and ice dispensers. Look in our non plumbed American fridge freezer range.
- There are no worries over installation – just unwrap, plug in and go.
- You don’t have to completely refigure your kitchen if your water supply is more than 1.5m from the fridge freezer.
- It works out more cost effective if you have a budget to work with.
For more information view our full range of American Style Fridge Freezers, or get in touch with our team. Our Refrigeration section is filled with fantastic products if you want to shop beyond fridge freezers. There’s Fridges and Wine Coolers available too. With options to suit any budget and interior in our Laundry, Cooking and Extraction sections, get all the appliances you need right here at Appliance City. Save money when you buy online today with free shipping for 99.9% of UK addresses.