Terms of Trading
Appliance City is a trading name of Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd. Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
Pricing and Payment
Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards. You can also pay by BACS Transfer prior to delivery. All goods must be paid for in full prior to dispatch from our warehouse. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates, we do not accept payment made by credit or debit cards from foreign banks.
If your billing address and delivery address differ, we may need to validate the information provided with our identity verification partner. You may be contacted if additional information is required. This will help to protect both you and us against fraudulent transactions.
All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. All Prices include VAT and standard UK mainland delivery unless otherwise stated. VAT is charged at the point where a transaction or service is completed. Any variation in the VAT rate will be re-calculated at the tax point.
We hold thousands of items in stock for quick delivery, most of which are available for next day delivery. Our delivery timescale for stock items to most UK postcodes is 1-4 working days and once we have agreed the delivery day we can usually offer you a four-hour timeslot and or a pre-call from the driver on the day. Occasionally we have to order items from the manufacturer, which can extend the delivery to 5-7 working days. If there are any unforeseen delays, we will be in touch by phone or e-mail to keep you informed. Feel free to contact our sales team to discuss availability prior to placing your order.
We have our own fleet of vehicles operating a ground floor delivery service throughout the majority of the UK and we work closely with a number of excellent transport companies for deliveries outside of our target areas. In the event of the drivers bringing the goods into your room of choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is the customer’s responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property. Please check the dimensions of the product you plan to purchase to ensure that it fits in the space/unit where you plan to site it.
Please help us – Let us know if delivery access is restricted due to any of the following:
- Parking permits
- Traffic restricted areas
- Width restricted roads
- Bus routes
- Low bridges
- Steps to property
- Building work/skips etc.
- Gravel driveways
- Upper floor deliveries with no lift
All deliveries will be assessed on site to ensure no risks are taken that could result in damage to product, property or personal injury. If the room of choice is above ground floor, an operational lift maybe required.
- Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
- We offer delivery on all products based on clear access to a ground floor room of your choice where we can unpack the items and check them over with you.
- If on arrival there is no one at the property to receive the delivery, we reserve the right to levy an additional charge for redelivery of your order.
- We can take away your old appliance for a small charge and recycle it for you. All we ask is that it is disconnected all from water, electrical, gas supplies and out of position when we arrive.
- Deliveries are booked on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the product. Any special requirements should be notified to us when arranging delivery.
- Unless otherwise stated the delivery service does not include installation or connection of the product.
- We endeavour to meet all delivery bookings but cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct goods and number of items delivered.
- Please do not fit or use a product that is incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Failure to comply with these guidelines will deem that you have accepted the goods and we may be unable to return or replace them.
- Any delivery issues will be resolved by our Customer Services team at the point of delivery
- We recommend that you organise the fitting of your appliances once they have been delivered and inspected to your satisfaction.
- When purchasing a large appliance such as an American Fridge Freezer or Range Cooker please ensure that you have measured the relevant doorways in your home to make sure that the product will fit through when delivered. Failed deliveries will incur an additional delivery charge and the actual cost of distribution will be charged to you.
- We only charge for the cost of transporting your appliance for recycling. Alternatively if you wish to return your appliance to us with no charge then this can be accepted at our premises; Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd, Unit 2 Bunny Trading Estate, Bunny, Nottingham NG11 6QJ Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
All items are subject to availability. We can only guarantee availability while stocks last. If the goods ordered are unavailable, we will contact you and give you the option of a suitable alternative. We will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes beyond our control. Any delivery dates specified are approximate and we cannot take responsibility for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay. Please allow enough time for your items to be delivered before you organise installation, as we cannot be held responsible for out of pocket expenses resulting from delays in delivery. You should ensure that all manufacturer guidelines are complied with in the siting and use of the goods.
Any visible damage should be reported to our customer service department within a reasonable period.
We may request photographic evidence to support your claim.
Claims regarding faulty goods will be subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty but this does not affect your statutory rights. If your product appears not to be functioning correctly, please first check the manufacturer’s instruction book and follow the fault finding guide. If a product has been installed the manufacturer will need to send a service engineer to inspect the appliance to establish the nature of the fault. Please remember if a product is found to be installed incorrectly the manufacturer reserves the right to charge for the service call.
When installing a gas appliance a qualified Gas Safe engineer is required, all appliances will need to be installed by a qualified tradesperson, who will have the proper certification.
Cancellations and Returns
You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods. Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification that have been clearly personalised such as a door change. If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. Any business-to-business transaction is excluded from the cancellation and returns terms.
A collection/distribution fee for the cost of returning the goods will apply. The fee will vary based on the size of the appliance.
- Small appliances £40
- Undercounter appliances up to 60cm wide £65
- Cooker hoods & standard hobs £65
- Televisions & Entertainment £65
- Cooker hoods above 110cm wide £85
- Televisions above 70″ £85
- Standard Fridge freezers £85
- Air Venting Hobs £85
- Range cookers above 70cm width £130
- American & French style fridge freezers £130
Collection of the goods will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered.
Alternatively, you can return the items at your own cost within 14 days of such cancellation. Please contact our Customer Services Department prior to returning an item to us. We will make the refund no later than 14 days after the appliance is returned to us.
If you cancel an order after the goods have been despatched, you will be charged the actual cost of distribution and/or the cost of return from the carrier. The cost will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
An administration charge of £25 will be levied should you wish to change the delivery date once you have received confirmation.
Please note; pricing of any multi buy package may be subject to alteration should one or more items be returned within your statutory 14-day return period.
- We recommend that goods are returned by a recorded method of delivery, as proof of return may be required. They should also be insured in case the goods are damaged during return transit.
- We may request photographic evidence of the appliance prior to collection.
- Upon receipt of the returned appliance(s) these will be inspected to ensure they are in perfect condition and are include all relevant accessories, manuals, components and any free gifts.
- If the appliance has been installed and/or used or can no longer be sold as new an appropriate reduction in the refund due will be applicable.
- We reserve the right to claim for any damage to the appliance(s) that may have occurred whilst the goods have been in your possession. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- On conclusion your order will be processed for reimbursement of monies paid less any applicable collection charges & or charges in respect of missing accessories, manuals, components and gifts.
We will acknowledge your order and confirm availability by e-mail as soon as possible. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
Whilst we try our utmost to ensure the accuracy of our site we cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, colour accuracy, image discrepancies or product dimensions. We have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your credit card has already been charged we will immediately issue a credit to your account equal to the value of the original payment taken. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct on our website, due to continual product development through research & design, specifications may change without notice.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
All dates and times given for delivery are given in good faith, we endeavour to meet all agreed schedules with our customers and with our suppliers, however we cannot be held responsible for any loss of time or monies resulting from delayed, missed or incorrect deliveries. We cannot accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
- We are aware of the concerns customers have about entering their card details when carrying out a transaction. We have therefore implemented the following measures to ensure that paying via our Website is as safe as possible:
- All your credit card and personal information is encrypted and held on a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) server. This protects data during transit, in particular the credit card information, from being intercepted and misused by hackers.
- We use 128-bit encryption (this technology scrambles the data relating to your account to ensure that your information cannot be read by anyone else) and constantly update our technologies in line with new security measures.
- Any information transmitted to us is encrypted (scrambled) whilst it is sent over the Internet. When it reaches us, we then encrypt the content so that only authorised personnel can access it. This makes it very difficult for this data to be intercepted.
- We ask you to enter the CV2 security number from the back of your credit or debit card, which helps to reduce the risk of Internet fraud being carried out.
- You should ensure that the technology you are using is also secure.
The products sold on our websites have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. All products are covered by a minimum of 12 months UK Manufacturer’s warranty. However, certain manufacturers offer varying parts & labour warranties subject to the customer registering their purchase with the manufacturer. Claims for promotional warranties must be registered within the set time according to the Manufacturers Terms & Conditions. Full details are available on the product features page and via the manufacturer’s website. All products must be installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Customers who purchase an extended warranty from us will receive a warranty certificate by post approximately eight to ten weeks after delivery with a separate set of terms and conditions attached.
Items sold on our website are intended for normal domestic and consumer use and not commercial use, unless specifically stated within the product description.
Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the material in any form is prohibited except that individual users may print or save portions of the material for their own personal use.
The above paragraph does not permit you to incorporate the material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no substantial part of the material may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No substantial part of the web site may be reproduced on, transmitted to, or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system.
This website is administered by Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd, Unit 2 Bunny Trading Estate, Bunny, Nottingham NG11 6QJ – Company registration number 3027841 & VAT registration number 646 6246 20.
Protect your purchase up to £5,000 if problems arise in connection with your purchase. As a registered PriceRunner member, your purchases always include the Buyer Protection with us. This service is free and applies to all registered PriceRunner members.
If you are not a PriceRunner member and have visited us through their service, you can still get your purchase covered by the Buyer Protection. All you have to do is register on their website within one hour of making a purchase. It only takes a moment! Become a PriceRunner member for free.
In order for the Buyer Protection to apply, the order must be addressed to you personally. You are entitled to compensation if things go wrong; for example, the product is defective, an individual product is missing on delivery, the product is faulty or the goods are not delivered.
You will only be refunded for direct financial damage that you have suffered, purchase costs and shipping costs. The Buyer Protection does not compensate you for other direct or indirect costs, depreciation or loss of revenue.
On PriceRunner, you can find a list of non-covered categories as well as the complete terms that apply.