Terms of Trading
Appliance City is a trading name of Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd. Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
Pricing and Payment
Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro cards, you can also pay by bankers draft or BACS Transfer prior to delivery. All goods must be paid for in full prior to dispatch from our warehouse. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates we do not accept payment made by credit or debit cards from foreign banks.
If your billing address and delivery address differ, we may need to validate the information provided with our Identity verification partner. In addition we will require an e-mailed copy of a utility bill or driver’s licence to verify invoice address details. This will help to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. All Prices include VAT and standard UK mainland delivery unless otherwise stated. VAT is charged at the point where a transaction or service is completed. Any variation in the VAT rate will be re-calculated at the tax point.
The products sold on our websites have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. All products are covered by a minimum of 12 months UK Manufacturers warranty. However certain manufacturers offer varying parts & labour warranties subject to the customer registering their purchase with the manufacturer. Claims for promotional warranties must be registered within the set time according to the Manufacturers Terms & Conditions. Full details are available on the product features page and via the manufacturer’s website. All products must be installed and used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
Customers who purchase an extended warranty from us will receive a warranty certificate by post approximately eight to ten weeks after delivery with a separate set of terms and conditions attached.
Items sold on our website are generally intended for normal domestic and consumer use and not commercial use, unless specifically stated within the product description.
All items are subject to availability. We can only guarantee availability while stocks last. If the goods ordered are unavailable we will contact you and give you the option of a suitable alternative. We will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes beyond our control. Any delivery dates specified are approximate and we cannot take responsibility for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay. Please allow enough time for your items to be delivered before you organise installation as we cannot be held responsible for out of pocket expenses resulting from delays in delivery. You should ensure that all manufacturer guidelines are complied with in the siting and use of the goods.
Cancellations and Returns
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, the legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by telephone: You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services. Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification that have been clearly personalised such as a door change. If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and your phone number and email address. This can be done by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to us at Appliance City, Units 1 & 2 Bunny Trading Estate, Gotham Lane, Bunny. Nottingham, NG11 6QJ. Upon receipt of your intention to cancel we will send you a cancellation form if required.
We can arrange the safe return of your goods provided they have not been removed from their original packaging, installed or used. A collection fee for the cost of returning the goods will apply. The fee will vary based on the size of appliance and collection location. Collection of the goods will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered.
Alternatively you can return the items at your own cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard or premium delivery). We are permitted by law to reduce any refund owing should you fail to take reasonable care of the appliance(s) whilst in your possession.
We will make the refund no later than 14 days after the day we receive back. If you cancel an order after the goods have been despatched, you will be charged the actual cost of collecting the item. The cost will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
- We recommend that goods should be returned by a recorded method of delivery as proof of return may be required. They should also be insured in case the goods are damaged during return transit.
- You are responsible for the security and safety of the goods until they are received and accepted back into our warehouse. If you do not use insurance and the goods are damaged or go missing you are fully liable for the cost of the goods.
- Please do not install any damaged or unwanted appliance(s). This could be viewed as acceptance of goods and any return may be rejected.
- We reserve the right to request photographic evidence of the appliance(s) and/or packaging prior to collection.
- Upon receipt of the returned appliance(s) these will be inspected to ensure they are in perfect condition (in the original packaging) and meet our satisfaction and are including all relevant accessories, manuals & components.
- We reserve the right to claim for any damage to the appliance(s) that may have occurred whilst the goods have been in your possession. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If the packaging has been removed or tampered with we can no longer be held responsible for transporting the items safely and you must arrange the return of the appliance(s) to our warehouse
- If you return the goods to us yourself, you are required to take reasonable care of the product to ensure that the goods are not damaged in transit. If you do not exercise reasonable care and the goods are damaged, we may reject the appliance(s) or make a reduction in the refund due.
- On conclusion your order will be processed for reimbursement of monies paid less any applicable collection charges & or charges in respect of missing accessories, manuals & components.
- Should you wish to cancel any items off an order where a package deal has been negotiated on multiple products, we reserve the right to recalculate the total price according to the new value of the order. In the event of a product or products being cancelled where a free or discounted item applies we reserve the right to either charge you for the product/s at the current price or collect the product/s, collection charges apply.
No claims for visible damage will be accepted after the goods have been signed for as checked. Any visible damage should be reported to our customer service department within a reasonable period of time. Please do not fit or use a product that is incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Failure to comply with these guidelines will deem that you have accepted the goods and we would be unable to return or replace them.
The guarantee will not apply if the fault arises from excessive wear and tear in our reasonable opinion, deliberate damage, accidental damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow manufacturer instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without manufacturer approval. Claims regarding faulty goods will be subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturers warranty but this does not affect your statutory rights. If your product appears not to be functioning correctly please first check the manufacturer’s instruction book and follow the fault-finding guide. If a product has been installed the manufacturer will need to send a service engineer to inspect the appliance to establish the nature of the fault. Please remember if a product is found to be installed incorrectly the manufacturer reserves the right to charge for the service call.
When installing a gas appliance a qualified Gas Safe engineer is required, all appliances will need to be installed by a qualified tradesperson, who will have the proper certification.
Deliveries / Collection
We hold thousands of items in stock for quick delivery, most of which are available for next day delivery. Our delivery timescale for stock items to most UK postcodes is 1-4 working days and once we have agreed the delivery day we can usually offer you a four hour timeslot and or a pre-call from the driver on the day. Occasionally we have to order items from the manufacturer which can extend the delivery to 5-7 working days but if there are any unforeseen delays we will be in touch by phone or e-mail to keep you informed. Feel free to contact our sales team to discuss availability prior to placing your order.
We have our own fleet of vehicles operating a ground floor delivery service throughout the majority of the UK and we work closely with a number of excellent transport companies for deliveries outside of our target areas. In the event of the drivers bringing the goods into your room of choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is the customer's responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property. Please check the dimensions of the product you plan to purchase to ensure that it fits in the space/unit where you plan to site it.
Please help us - Let us know if delivery access is restricted due to:
- Parking permits
- Traffic restricted areas
- Width restricted roads
- Bus routes
- Low bridges
- Steps to property
- Building work/skips etc
- Gravel driveways
- Upper floor deliveries
All deliveries will be assessed on site to ensure no risks are taken that could result in damage to product, property or personal injury. If the room of choice is above ground floor, an operational lift will be required.
- Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
- We offer free standard delivery on all products based on a doorstep or garage drop-off delivery service. (dependant on clear access) This service is not ideal for larger items such as Range Cookers, American Fridge Freezers or bulk deliveries where we would recommend our premium delivery service as an alternative.
- Our premium delivery service will aim to bring the items into the property to a ground floor room of your choice, (dependant on clear access) unpack them and check them over. This service is highly recommended for larger appliances which can be very awkward to move due to both size and weight.
- We also offer an “express delivery option” this will be delivered by a pallet service on the next working day if ordered by 2pm however this is a kerbside delivery only and they will NOT take goods into the property or remove an old appliance.
- Once the goods have been checked to your satisfaction we require you to sign a delivery note.
- We can take away your old appliance for a small charge and recycle it for you. All we ask is that it’s disconnected all from water, electrical, gas supplies and outside the property when we arrive. If however you choose to upgrade to our premium delivery service we can remove the old appliance from inside the property as long as it’s disconnected and moved out of position, clean and free of water.
- For a small charge we can also take away your packaging and responsibly recycle it on your behalf.
- Deliveries are booked on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the product. Any special requirements should be notified to us when arranging delivery.
- Unless otherwise stated the delivery service does not include installation or connection of the product.
- We endeavour to meet all delivery bookings but cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct goods and number of items delivered.
- Any delivery issues will be resolved by our Customer Services team at the point of delivery
- We recommend that you organise the fitting of your appliances once they have been delivered and inspected to your satisfaction.
- When purchasing a large appliance such as an American Fridge Freezer or Range Cooker please ensure that you have measured the relevant doorways in your home to make sure that the product will fit through when delivered. Failed deliveries will incur an additional delivery charge if you are not present on the agreed delivery date and the actual cost of distribution will be charged to you.
We will acknowledge your order and confirm availability by e-mail as soon as possible. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
Whilst we try our utmost to ensure the accuracy of our site we cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, colour accuracy, image discrepancies or product dimensions. The product that is delivered may vary slightly from the image supplied by the manufacturers and may not include any of the pictured accessories. We have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your credit card has already been charged we will immediately issue a credit to your account equal to the value of the original payment taken. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct on our website due to continual product development through research & design specifications may change without notice.
Descriptions relating to products are a brief guide. We therefore recommend all product features and technical information is confirmed with manufacturer before purchase. Manufacturers contact details are available on the customer care section of the home page.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
All dates and times given for delivery are given in good faith, we endeavour to meet all agreed schedules with our customers and with our suppliers, however we cannot be held responsible for any loss of time or monies resulting from delayed, missed or incorrect deliveries. We cannot accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
We are aware of the concerns customers have about entering their card details when carrying out a transaction. We have therefore implemented the following measures to ensure that paying via our Website is as safe as possible:
- All your credit card and personal information is encrypted and held on a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) server. This protects data during transit, in particular the credit card information, from being intercepted and misused by hackers.
- We use 128-bit encryption (this technology scrambles the data relating to your account to ensure that your information cannot be read by anyone else) and constantly update our technologies in line with new security measures.
- Any information transmitted to us is encrypted (scrambled) whilst it is sent over the Internet. When it reaches us we then encrypt the content so that only authorised personnel can access it. This makes it very difficult for this data to be intercepted.
- We ask you to enter the CV2 security number from the back of your credit or debit card, which helps to reduce the risk of Internet fraud being carried out.
- You should ensure that the technology you are using is also secure.
Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the material in any form is prohibited except that individual users may print or save portions of the material for their own personal use.
The above paragraph does not permit you to incorporate the material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no substantial part of the material may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No substantial part of the web site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system.
English law applies to this contract and any dispute will be dealt with exclusively in the English Courts. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights in any way.
This website is administered by Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd, Unit 2 Bunny Trading Estate, Bunny, Nottingham NG11 6QJ - Company registration number 3027841 & VAT registration number 646 6246 20