Terms of Trading
Appliancecity.co.uk is a trading name of Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd. Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
Pricing and Payment
Payments can be made by Visa credit, MasterCard, Maestro and Visa debit cards; you can also pay by bankers draft or BACS Transfer prior to delivery. All product(s) must be paid for in full prior to despatch from our warehouse. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates we do not accept payment made by credit or debit cards from foreign banks.
If your billing address and delivery address differ, we will need to validate the information provided with our Identity Verification partner. In addition we may require copy of a utility bill to verify invoice address details. This will help to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice from time to time. All Prices include VAT and standard UK mainland delivery unless otherwise stated. VAT is charged at the point where a transaction or service is completed. Any variation in the VAT rate will be re-calculated at the tax point.
Due to our huge warehouse capacity we hold thousands of products in stock for quick delivery, many of which are available on our next day delivery service for a small extra charge. Our standard delivery timescale for stock items to most UK postcodes is 3-5 working days. Upon confirmation of a delivery day we can usually offer you a four hour timeslot and or a pre-call from the driver. Occasionally we have to order products from the manufacturer which can extend the delivery to 7-10 working days but if there are any unforeseen delays we will contact you via telephone or e-mail to keep you informed. Feel free to contact our sales team to discuss availability prior to placing your order.
Please help us - Let us know if delivery access is restricted including:
- Parking permits
- Traffic restricted areas
- Width restricted roads
- Bus routes
- Low bridges
- Upper floor with no lift
- Gravel driveway
- Building work/skips etc.
- Red Routes
- Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
- Once the product(s) have been checked to your satisfaction we require you to sign a delivery note.
- Unless otherwise stated the delivered price includes a one-man ground floor, street level, drop off delivery.
- Ensure access to your property is clear and unrestricted to ensure delivery can be completed successfully.
- A two-man delivery can be arranged for a small additional cost. This includes delivery to the ground floor room of your choice (dependant on clear access), unpack the appliance(s) and remove the packaging
- We can offer an “express delivery option”. This will be by a pallet service which is often much quicker, however this is a kerbside delivery only. (They will NOT take product(s) into the property or remove an old appliance)
- Deliveries are booked on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the appliance(s). Any special requirements should be notified to us when arranging delivery.
- The delivery service does not include installation or connection of the product(s).
- We endeavour to meet all delivery bookings but cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct appliance(s) and number of appliance(s) delivered.
- Any delivery issues will be resolved by our Customer Services team at the point of delivery.
- We recommend that you organise the fitting of your appliance(s) once they have been delivered and inspected to your satisfaction.
- When purchasing a large appliance such as an American Fridge Freezer and/or Range Cooker please ensure that you have measured the relevant doorways in your home to make sure that the product(s) will fit through when delivered. Unfortunately if the delivery fails due to this reason the actual cost of the distribution will be charged to you.
- You should ensure that all manufacturer guidelines are complied with in the siting and use of the appliance(s).
- Failed deliveries will incur an additional delivery charge if you are not present on the agreed delivery date and the actual cost of distribution will be charged to you.
- If you have opted for recycling of an old product(s), please ensure that the old appliance(s) is disconnected from all water, electrical and/or gas supplies and outside the property in advance of the appliance(s) being removed.
- All refrigeration appliance(s) to be collected must be free of ice and water.
- Should you wish to cancel your order after we have despatched your appliance(s) an additional delivery charge would be levied. Please refer to the Cancellations and Returns section
- Cancellation at the point of delivery will incur a collection charge - please refer to the Cancellations and Returns section
All product(s) are subject to availability. We can only guarantee availability while stocks last. If the product(s) ordered are unavailable we will contact you and give you the option of a suitable alternative. We will endeavour to deliver your order within the times stated but product(s) are subject to availability. A delay in delivery of product(s) is sometimes beyond our control. Any delivery dates specified are approximate and we cannot take responsibility for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay. Please allow enough time for your appliance(s) to be delivered before you organise installation as we cannot be held responsible for out of pocket expenses resulting from delays in delivery.
No claims for visible damage will be accepted after the product(s) have been signed for as checked. Any visible damage should be reported to our Customer Service department at the point of delivery. Please do not fit or use a product(s) that is incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Failure to comply with these guidelines will deem that you have accepted the product(s) and we would be unable to return or replace them.
The guarantee will not apply if the fault arises from excessive wear and tear in our reasonable opinion, deliberate damage, accidental damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow manufacturer instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the appliance(s) without manufacturer approval. Claims regarding faulty goods will be subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty but this does not affect your statutory rights. If your product(s) appears not to be functioning correctly please first check the manufacturer’s instruction book and follow the fault-finding guide. If a product(s) has been installed we will require a manufacturer approved service engineer to inspect the appliance to establish the nature of the fault. Please remember if a product(s) is found to be installed incorrectly we reserve the right to charge for the service call.When installing a gas appliance a qualified Gas Safe engineer is required, all appliances will need to be installed by a qualified tradesperson, who will have the proper certification.
Cancellations and Returns
You are entitled to withdraw from this contract under the Distance Selling Regulations up to 7 working days after the day of delivery for a full credit or refund less any applicable collection/delivery charges. If you do wish to withdraw from the contract you must notify us either in writing or by e-mail within the said time period. Any refund will be made within 30 days of the cancellation date. These terms do not apply to 'Special Order Items'. Under the same regulations you have a duty to take reasonable care of the appliance(s). If you cancel an order after the goods have been despatched, you will be charged the actual cost of collecting the item. The cost will be deducted from any refund that is due to youShould you wish to cancel your order we can arrange the safe return of your product(s) provided they have not been removed from their original packaging, installed or used. Alternatively you can return the appliance(s) at your own cost.
- Please do not install any damaged or unwanted appliance(s). This would be viewed as acceptance of goods and any return would be rejected.
- We reserve the right to request photographic evidence of the appliance(s) and/or packaging prior to collection.
- Upon receipt of the returned appliance(s) these will be inspected to ensure they are in perfect condition (in the original packaging) and meet our satisfaction and are including all relevant accessories, manuals & components.
- We reserve the right to claim for any damage to the appliance(s) that may have occurred whilst in your possession or reject them outright. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If the packaging has been removed or tampered with we can no longer be held responsible for transporting the appliance(s) safely and you must arrange the return of the appliance(s) to our warehouse within 14 days of delivery.
- If you return the product(s) to us yourself, you are required to take reasonable care and ensure that these are not damaged in transit. If you do not exercise reasonable care and the product(s) are damaged, we will reject the product(s) or make a claim against you for a breach of this statutory duty.
- On conclusion your order will be processed for reimbursement of monies paid less any applicable delivery or collection charges & or charges in respect of missing accessories, manuals & components.
- Should you wish to cancel any items off an order where a package deal has been negotiated on multiple products, we reserve the right to recalculate the total price according to the new value of the order. In the event of a product(s) being cancelled where a free or discounted item applies we reserve the right to either charge you for the product(s) at the current price or collect the product(s), collection charges apply.
- We will not accept the return of any 'Special Order Items’ - these will be clearly stated on our website and on your sales order.
We will acknowledge your order and confirm availability by e-mail as soon as possible. Any e-mail or other electronic acknowledgment by us of receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by Bunny Appliance Warehouse of your order. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when the goods are despatched, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or that you have cancelled it.
Whilst we try our utmost to ensure the accuracy of our site we cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, colour accuracy, image discrepancies or product dimensions. The product(s) that is delivered may vary slightly from the image supplied by the manufacturers and may not include any of the pictured accessories. We have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your credit card has already been charged we will immediately issue a credit to your account equal to the value of the original payment taken. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that product specifications are correct on our website due to continual product development through research & design specifications may change without notice.
Descriptions relating to appliance(s) are a brief guide. We therefore recommend all product features and technical information is confirmed with manufacturer before purchase. Manufacturers contact details are available on the customer care section of the home page.
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.All dates and times given for delivery are given in good faith, we endeavour to meet all agreed schedules with our customers and with our suppliers, however we cannot be held responsible for any loss of time or monies resulting from delayed, missed or incorrect deliveries. We cannot accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
- We are aware of the concerns customers have about entering their card details when carrying out a transaction. We have therefore implemented the following measures to ensure that paying via our Website is as safe as possible:
- All your credit card and personal information is encrypted and held on a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) server. This protects data during transit, in particular the credit card information, from being intercepted and misused by hackers.
- We use 128-bit encryption (this technology scrambles the data relating to your account to ensure that your information cannot be read by anyone else) and constantly update our technologies in line with new security measures.
- Any information transmitted to us is encrypted (scrambled) whilst it is sent over the Internet. When it reaches us we then encrypt the content so that only authorised personnel can access it. This makes it very difficult for this data to be intercepted.
- We ask you to enter the CV2 security number from the back of your credit or debit card, which helps to reduce the risk of Internet fraud being carried out.
- You should ensure that the technology you are using is also secure.
The appliance(s) sold on our websites have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside of the UK. All appliance(s) are covered by a minimum of 12 months UK Manufacturers warranty. However certain manufacturers offer varying parts & labour warranties subject to the customer registering their purchase with the manufacturer. Claims for promotional warranties must be registered within the set time according to the Manufacturers Terms & Conditions. All appliance(s) must be installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Customers who purchase an extended warranty from us will receive a warranty certificate by post approximately eight to ten weeks after delivery with a separate set of terms and conditions attached.
Items sold on our website are generally intended for normal domestic and consumer use and not commercial use, unless specifically stated within the product description.
Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the material in any form is prohibited except that individual users may print or save portions of the material for their own personal use.
The above paragraph does not permit you to incorporate the material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no substantial part of the material may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No substantial part of the web site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system
English law applies to this contract and any dispute will be dealt with exclusively in the English Courts. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights in any way.
This website is administered by Bunny Appliance Warehouse Ltd, Unit 2 Bunny Trading Estate, Bunny, Nottingham NG11 6QJ - Company registration number 3027841 & VAT registration number 646 6246 20